Win a set of JULY suitcases worth $1,425! T&Cs apply

If I Am Not At Fault Party In A Motor Vehicle Accident, who pays?

Generally speaking, only the party who is at fault pays the excess on the insurance, but local laws, customs, and individual circumstances will apply.

Our policies cover you up to $5,000 for the rental car excess that could be incurred in the event of an accident, whether it's your fault or not.

Even though you are abroad, It is very important that you obtain the insurance details of the other people involved in the accident. This will assist with the claim and the hire car company.

<< Back to FAQs Home


Need Further Assistance?

Message Us


All FAQ answers are based on the current effective Policy Wording. If your policy is older than the current Policy Wording, please contact us or refer to your particular policy.

Any information contained on this website is general advice only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider these having regard to the Policy Wording.