What cover do I need for a domestic cruise?

Once your ship leaves port, even if you're cruising New Zealand waters, you’re no longer covered for hospital or medical expenses by Publicly Funded Healthcare or your private health care provider, meaning they won't cover any expenses incurred on-board the ship. You’re also not covered by Public Healthcare and private health when you’re on land for cruise excursions.

However, you can purchase a Cruise Pack to cover you when you’re on a cruise. If you’re taking a cruise within New Zealand waters, you will need to select a domestic policy with the Cruise Pack add-on and select "New Zealand Cruise" as the destination/region. You can find out more about choosing your cruise region here.

<< Back to FAQs Home


Need Further Assistance?

Call 0800 000 333 from within New Zealand

Call +64 9886 2453 from overseas 

Message Us


All FAQ answers are based on the current effective PDS. If your policy is older than the current effective PDS, please contact us or refer to the effective PDS at time of purchase for answers pertaining to your policy.